September 4, 2009

Big Ultrasound.....

Things have been a little crazy around here the past few months. Rick and I have moved into a bigger apartment and have had to shuffle around a lot of things. Rick was put on a night shift at work so that has been a big challenge. Hopefully it doesn't last too long but from the sound of things at work it could be permenant. (Blah!) But we are just grateful we both have a job right now and that I am staying out of the hospital!

As far as the ultrasound in August went....it was great! Rick and I are having a little girl. I guess it's the Gudmundson tradition to have girls but we are very excited and wouldn't have it any other way. We are going to name her Madeline Coline Kaiser after Rick's grandmother and after my grandma who have both pasted away. According to the ultrasound she is already bigger then average, by about two weeks! So hopefully that means we will be having her before Christmas so we don't have to spend Christmas in the hospital. And maybe my dad will get his wish and have her born on his birthday (Dec 20th). Rick and I were both over 9 pounds and Rick's dad was 11 pounds, so our doctor is going to watch and make sure she doesn't get that big. Thank goodness! I don't know about having a baby that big my first time around, but I guess we'll see what happens. I will try and post some pictures of my baby belly once we can get the essentials unpacked and find the camera. Everyone says I am tiny for being 5 months pregnant but I feel so big! I can't imagine what it is going to be like when my stomach "pops" around 7 months like everyone says it will.

3 comments:

Bailey Family said...

Congrats!! Little girls are FUN!! I love the name and how you put meaning behind it. Oh and Dec. 20th is a great day for a birthday I am going to have to agree with your dad that you should definately have her on that day!!

-Danica- said...

AH michelle we miss you guys so much! i want to see your cute little belly- post some pictures soon! im sorry about the night shift.. jake did that for a while and it is not fun- but you are right, atleast you guys have a job! by the way, madeline is such a cute name!!! :)

Tara said...

congrats! you're going to be such a great mom. Such a cute name too! I love the more old-fashioned cute names like that. :)