February 11, 2008

Pike Fishing at Redmond



This weekend, Rick and I went to Redmond Lake to go pike fishing. Last year we caught 3 Northern Pike the entire year, but while we were up there this weekend, we caught 6 of them. I had never caught one before so when Rick hooked one he handed me the pole so I could reel it in. It was so much fun to reel that huge fish in. As soon as Rick handed me the pole it bent down so far that I couldn't keep it up. He told me I needed to keep the pole up and I told him, "I'm trying but I can't". I finally had to just walk backwards because I couldn't reel it in. It was so much fun. That day I caught 2 and a half fish and Rick caught 3 and a half fish. We had so much fun together. The smallest fish we caught was 23 inches long and the biggest one was 25.5 inches long.

2 comments:

Channa said...

Michelle - I seriously cannot believe how many fish you guys catch! It is unreal! Bryce loves to fish...but he fishes...he doesn't do a lot of catching. :) I wish you lived closer because we'd go with you!

Channa said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Did you guys do anything fun?